I just read Uprising by Margaret Peterson Haddix and it is so good! Even though it was written by her it isn't her average Sci-fi, it is a historical fiction about three girls in about 1910 and how they were affected and involved in the Triangle Shirtwaist fire, the strikes that had been going on at the time, and the suffrage movement. It was a really good book!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Book Recommendation
I just read Uprising by Margaret Peterson Haddix and it is so good! Even though it was written by her it isn't her average Sci-fi, it is a historical fiction about three girls in about 1910 and how they were affected and involved in the Triangle Shirtwaist fire, the strikes that had been going on at the time, and the suffrage movement. It was a really good book!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I love that song by Paul McCartney! I've heard it before in the movie "Lake House". I like it so much I'm going to put it on my ipod. Thanks for the reminder! Love you!
Post a Comment